20 Dec Queue View in Microsoft Teams Bookings app
Bookings app in Teams enables various organizations to schedule virtual appointments with external attendees and manages staff availabilities in a shared calendar experience. We are now adding a new tab (preview) to your Bookings app called Queue. Queue tab will enable schedulers to have a consolidated view of all the appointments for a day in chronological order. This new tab will bring real time updates to meeting state in a queue view for virtual visits scheduled in the Microsoft Bookings app.
This feature will roll out to Microsoft Teams Desktop and Web app. Queue tab functionality is currently not supported in Bookings web app.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 86718
When this will happen:
We will begin rolling this out in mid-January and expect to complete rollout late January.
How this will affect your organization:
The new Queue tab in Bookings will include the below capabilities for schedulers/admins:
- A consolidated view of all appointments for the day in chronological order
- Ability to Join Meeting from the Bookings queue view
- Ability to view real-time ‘appointment state’ in the queue view
- Send Email reminders to the end user/participant and staff
- Send SMS reminder to the end user/participant (USA/Canada only)
- Ability to edit the appointment status
- Filter the appointments based on staff
- View the queue for previous and future dates.
- Enable staff to self-serve on a busy day by reassigning appointments to themselves to help balance the load on one staff or on one service.
Note: Microsoft Teams Bookings app supports up to 100 staff members in a calendar. We will work on scaling the staff limit in future releases.
What you need to do to prepare:
You might want to notify your users about this change and update your training and documentation as appropriate.