22 Nov Microsoft Secure Score improvement action updates
We’re updating Microsoft Secure Score improvement actions to ensure a more accurate representation of security posture.
When this will happen:
We expect to begin rolling this out to customers in mid-December and expect the rollout to be completed by late December.
How this will affect your organization:
Improvement actions that are being added, removed or updated in Secure Score could potentially change the overall organizational score.
The following improvement actions will be added:
- Turn on Safe Attachments in block mode
- Do not allow Exchange Online calendar details to be shared with external users
- Turn on Safe Documents for Office Clients
- Turn on the common attachments filter setting for anti-malware policies
- Ensure that there are no sender domains allowed for Anti-spam policies
- Create Safe Links policies for email messages
- Create zero-hour auto purge policies for malware
- Turn on Microsoft Defender for Office 365 in SharePoint, OneDrive, and Microsoft Teams
- Create zero-hour auto purge policies for phishing messages
- Create zero-hour auto purge policies for spam messages
- Block abuse of exploited vulnerable signed drivers
- Turn on scanning of removable drives during a full scan
What you need to do to prepare:
There is no action you need to take to prepare for this change, but you may consider reviewing the improvement actions that are being added, removed or updated.